You can make a difference!

Help over 5,000 people with disabilities in Northeastern Massachusetts live independently in the community of their choice!

Older women

You helped Mary move into her new home

Mary was struggling living in Boston on $700 a month. As an older person with a disability and without family involved in her life, Mary needed help. She reached out to our Community Supports program. We worked side-by-side with Mary researching housing options, helping her with complex applications, and being a source of support as she anxiously waited to hear back.

When Mary found out she received affordable housing in the community of her choice, she was thrilled! But, she was immediately faced with a new challenge. She only had two weeks to move into her new apartment or else she would lose it. Mary didn’t know what to do. Her physical disability prevented her from lifting anything heavy and she had no one to help her move. She needed to hire a moving company, but she couldn’t afford it. The minimal funds she had, she needed for a deposit on the apartment.

Mary reached out to several places to see if they could help her with moving expenses, but none of them had funds available. Because of you, we were able to cover the cost of a moving company for Mary. After moving into her apartment, Mary sent us a letter expressing her sincere gratitude. Her “thank you” belongs to you. 

To Donate:

  • Mail a check to Northeast Independent Living Program, 20 Ballard Road, Lawrence, MA 01843
  • Give online here
  • Ask your bank to issue automatic monthly checks to NILP

NILP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Donations are tax-deductible. Our tax id number is 04-2701631.

Questions? Contact Candice Pechilis, Director of Development, at (978) 687-4288 ext. 165 or

young man with down syndrome