Nursing Home Transition Services
Nursing Home Transition is a service that assists individuals with disabilities in transitioning from nursing facilities into the community with the necessary supports to live independently or to avoid a nursing facility re-admission.
What Sets Us Apart
• We believe that every individual has the right to succeed or fail in the pursuit of independence in the community.
• We assist consumers in accessing the services they choose. We are person-centered.
• Nursing Home Transition Coordinators stay with consumers for however long the transition process takes.
• To promote independence and enhance the overall quality of life for people with disabilities.
- An individual may self-refer or be referred by someone else such as a family member, social worker, or ADRC partner
- Your initial point of contact will be with an Options Counselor who will help you identify your goals. They will then explain the various in-home and community programs & services available.
- Some of the services could include:
– MFP Waivers
– Education on Housing search process and/or core documents needed
– Accessing Housing Applications
– Home Modifications and/or Assistive Technology
– In home PCA services
- Once short term services have been established a Nursing Home Transitions Coordinator is introduced to the process to continue working with you long term.