Training & Learning Collaborative (TLC)
The Training and Learning Collaborative (TLC) is the education division of the Northeast Independent Living Program, Inc. (NILP). TLC is a partnership comprised of a qualified team of professionals who are persons with disabilities and/or have many years of training and consulting experience in the disability community. This combination of lived experience and technical expertise provides organizations of any size, the knowledge and skills to ensure quality and culturally competent service delivery for disability awareness education, and compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).
TLC has Expertise Not Duplicated Anywhere!
- Our training is typically conducted in small groups to make it a fully interactive and engaging experience.
- We can provide online training (ask us for details!)
- CEU’s are available for Nurses & Social Workers.
- We provide training to organizations on local, regional, and national levels.
- We provide training and technical assistance that may be customized for your workplace needs.
- We consult with municipalities and organizations to identify accessibility needs and develop transition plans to bring them into ADA compliance.
A Sample of Courses
- Independent Living Disability Awareness and Empowerment
- Consumer Self-Determination and what it means for a person with a disability
- ADA Awareness and Compliance
- Multicultural Awareness in the Disability Community
- Deaf Culture and the barriers in the Deaf and hard of hearing community
- The Peer Voice and what it means in working with a person with a mental health disability
- “Recovery is Real” with Mental Health Diagnoses
- And More!
Let's Put More TLC into Your Organization
TLC is a response to an increased need for disability education and training. The disability community often refers to the quote from our civil rights activists: “Nothing About Us Without Us”. This is our commitment to being your partner in “Equal Access for All”.