NILP's Education Division
We are a qualified team of professionals who are persons with disabilities and/or have many years of training and consulting experience in the disability community. Our combination of lived experience and technical expertise in disability education and compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) can help your organization deliver quality and culturally intelligent services.
Register for our Open Enrollment Trainings
We provide a variety of training topics to the community. See our current offerings below.
If more than 4 people at your organization would like to attend, please contact Gabe at email@example.com to learn more about customized training for your organization!
For registration questions or to request reasonable accommodations, please contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please request reasonable accommodations 4 weeks in advance.
Disability Awareness & Cultural Intelligence
During this two-hour course, our trainers will guide you through conversations about ableism, disability stigmas and intersectionality. These issues are a few of the challenges the disability community must overcome to maintain their independence.
- Civil Rights and Disability Rights Movements
- Independent Living Philosophy
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Disability Etiquette and Language
- Dignity of Risk
- Intersectionality and more!
Join us on Tuesday, September 7th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. (EDT)!
CEUs available for Nurses and Social Workers!
Inclusion in the Workplace: Bringing Disability Front & Center
Unintentional workplace discrimination happens far too often and can have harmful long-term effects.
Facilitated by Sheila Hegarty, M.S., Trainer and Self-Advocate, this training will cover disability and inclusion best practices through the lens of the disability experience.
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Incorporating accessibility into documents, social media and more
- Making employment processes inclusive
Join us on Thursday, October 7th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (EDT)!
Great professional development for Human Resources, Marketing, Executives and Managers in any field.
Our Education Division Can Help You With:
- Disability Cultural Intelligence workshops in both Remote Learning and In-Person formats.
- Consulting Services to bring your organization or municipality into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) to nurses and social workers and Professional Development for all occupations.
- Fully Customized Training and Technical Assistance Services to meet your workplace needs.
A Sample of our Courses
- Independent Living Movement and Civil Rights
- Consumer Self-Determination and what it means for a person with a disability
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Awareness and Compliance
- Multicultural Awareness in the Disability Community and Intersectionality
- Disability Etiquette and the Power of Language
- The Peer Voice and What It Means
- “Recovery is Real” with Mental Health Diagnoses
- And More!
Why Is This Important?
There is an increased need for disability education and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Our Education Division is committed to being your partner as we strive towards “Equal Access for All!”
Some of our clients include:
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Mystic Valley Elder Services
- Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley & North Shore
- Tempus Unlimited
- The City of Lowell
- The Town of Groveland