NILP's Education Division
We are a qualified team of professionals who are persons with disabilities and/or have many years of training and consulting experience in the disability community. Our combination of lived experience and technical expertise in disability education and compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) can help your organization deliver quality and culturally intelligent services.
As we work to embed values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility within our organizations, we must include disability!
Our trainers will guide you through conversations about ableism, disability stigmas, and intersectionality. These issues are a few of the challenges the disability community must overcome to maintain their independence.
- Civil Rights and Disability Rights Movements
- Independent Living Philosophy
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Disability Etiquette and Language
- Dignity of Risk
- Intersectionality and more
2 CEUs are available for Nurses and Social Workers.
Bring this training to your organization! Contact Gabe Fonseca at email@example.com to learn more!
In 2020, only 17.9% of people with disabilities in the U.S. were employed. We need to do better!
Facilitated by Sheila Hegarty, M.S., Trainer and Self-Advocate, this training will cover disability and inclusion best practices through the lens of the disability experience.
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Incorporating accessibility into documents, social media and more
- Making employment processes inclusive
NILP is recognized by SHRM to offer 2 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
Bring this training to your organization! Contact Sheila Hegarty at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
A Sample of our Courses
- Independent Living Movement and Civil Rights
- Consumer Self-Determination and what it means for a person with a disability
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Awareness and Compliance
- Multicultural Awareness in the Disability Community and Intersectionality
- Disability Etiquette and the Power of Language
- The Peer Voice and What It Means
- “Recovery is Real” with Mental Health Diagnoses
- And More!
- Disability Awareness workshops in both Remote Learning and In-Person formats.
- Consulting Services to bring your organization or municipality into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) for those in nursing, social work, or human resources, and Professional Development for all occupations.
- Fully Customized Training and Technical Assistance Services to meet your workplace needs.
Why Is This Important?
There is an increased need for disability education and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Our Education Division is committed to being your partner as we strive towards “Equal Access for All!”
Some of our clients include:
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Mystic Valley Elder Services
- Tempus Unlimited
- The City of Lowell
- The Town of Groveland
- The Town of Boxford
- The Town of North Andover